Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gah!

My recent midnight culinary adventures all turned out to be disastrous, complete with sound effect.

Was trying to melt half a cube of butter in the saucepan the other night and i must have heated the pan too much. When the butter touched the saucepan it sizzled like fucking crazy with this hissing sound followed by a horrendous popping sound, smoke whooshing out. So i freaked and turned off the stove. The half cube of butter ended up as a swirl of blackish-brown.

Then. Yesterday i wanted to whip up some funky dip for my garlic tortilla (marvellous, by the way. buy them at the supermarket). When i spooned out a dollop of tomato pasta sauce onto the pan it sizzled like fucking crazy and the sauce actually flamed up! And so i, with lightning speed, turned off the stove. Sigh. Reminds me of this page in Bridget Jones's Diary:

"'What's this hon?' said Tom eventually. 'Is it marmalade?'

Horror-struck, took mouthful myself. It was, as he said, marmalade. Realize after all effort and expense have served my guests: Blue soup, Omelette, Marmalade.

Am disastrous failure. Michelin-star cookery? Kwik-fit, more like."
Am disastrous, but not quite a failure! Shall take up lessons with dad. After all, i managed to flame up my sauce, you know. Must be my inner chef, a divine calling. XD

Now, while you marvel at my shameless thick-skinned-ness, i shall dive into the comfort of my bed. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment