Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fun

We were in the clothing store. Mum and dad kept shoving this pair of ugly leather shoes at me, but i insisted that i wanted to wear my basketball shoes. And they said, "it's Europe, nobody wears sport shoes..."

Then i considered my orange running shoes only to realize that it is ridden with holes to encourage air circulation, and the frigid winter air will freeze my feet. Yes. My family and i were going on vacation, and i was positively writhing with anticipation. Then i was logged onto MsN telling Yz the news when...

I heard sis's voice asking for her black high heels. And the clothing store vanished. I was sprawled on my bed and mercilessly snapped out of my fantasy, my bubbles of excitement all popped into oblivion. Sighs. Reality can be so cruel sometimes. Well, it was great while it lasted..

***
So it was all a dream, and i was extremely potong-steamed so i went to bug sis who was drying her hair ready for work.

Afterwards i did quite a number of things:

  • had my Fossil watch resized at this little shop at Sea Park
  • ate McDonald's breakfast
  • walked all over 1 utama in search of job vacancies
  • visited the pharmacy to buy sis's freakin make-up remover, lip balm and tooth paste
  • went grocery shopping, "grocery" being: shower foam, cereal, orange juice, assorted chips & crisps, and Chipsmore's to bribe dad as he likes them. This is to let him know that he did, in fact, consume some of the "grocery" i bought. So when the credit card statement comes, and he asks, "eh what did u spend at the supermarket ah?" i can reply, "grocery shopping, neh that day u ate the Chipsmore i bought, and drank the orange juice, and mum asked me to buy toothpaste + shower foam etc..." Pretty standard sweep-dirt-under-rug procedure.
So i need to get a job after bumming around for 2 months. A large number of shops in 1u are hiring. Dad wants me to work in restaurants so i can actually learn sth "useful" (folding, ironing and steaming clothes in clothing stores do not fall under this category, apparently). So restaurants. Chilis, Friday's, Sri Melaka, Jack's Place, Delicious Cafe all have vacancies but urgh... These places train their employees, and naturally expect them to stick around for some time. I'll be working for 1 month plus at most so i doubt they'll want me to bugger off so soon and that's the big problem. Lemme just make some calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment