Sunday, January 13, 2008

Youth '08 Traffic Jam | iTalk Buddy

Just recently i signed up in a just-for-fun manner for the the Youth '08 Traffic Jam event.

I was kinda surprised (surprises are fun!), when i checked my email today, to see that i have been selected as one of the 100 bloggers to be featured in the Youth '08: Malaysia's Youth Lifestyle Showcase from the 18th-20th January.

Arghh!! So fellers. Come and vote for me! I will be allocated a computer which i will have to decorate to be eye-catching and attract lots and lots of ppl like a flame that attracts moths.

18-20 Jan 2008 at Putra World Trade Centre. =) That's where i'll be.

***
The main sponsor of the Youth '08 event is iTalk Buddy, a service by iTalk which is some sorta instant messenger. I am given a RM30 iTalk card which can be used with the iTalk buddy.

Virulently pink. It even has this quadruple-eared (only 2 ears shown here) mascot. Now i wonder what sorta creature it is. It looks sorta panda-ish, with the dark (pink) circles around its eyes, but its ears look more like a rabbit's. Panbit? XD

Here is the messenger, which is pink as well. I guess it should appeal to pink-crazed girls who cannot live without pink. "omg! pink messenger! i love!"

Apart from the standard instant-message-sending and file-sharing applications, the iTalk buddy has a few funtastic features. For instance, you can send SMS from your computer to friends' handphones as well as make calls from PC to Mobile. Could come in handy. =)

Perhaps the most intriguing aspect of the iTalk Buddy is that it can be used without an internet connection. From what i gathered after reading the FAQs, it is called an Offline Environment in which you are not connected to the internet but have access to WiFi or LAN. This slightly removes the dependency on the Internet, but still, life without the internet is miserable!

iTalk Buddy is also linked to mojikan.com which offers yet another instant messenger as well as an online pet service (the quadruple eared mascots). Using an iTalk card, one is able to purchase stuff for the pets.

***
I would probably use the thirty bucks to call my friends who are overseas, or my aunts and granny who are in Taiwan. And i could do it using a phone, or the PC to mobile.

PC to mobile seems fun!

I like! Especially when i am always glued to my com and lazy to venture out of my room to pick up the phone. This should be just the thing.

Observe the little cash icon at the top right. That's where i get to load in my iTalk card.

And after that, i called my house (number deleted, obviously) for a little test run.


7 cents in 23 seconds! Fun! Mum picked up and asked me to quit wasting money on useless phonecalls @_@.


Now about mojikan. This is where i can rear a four-eared pet.

My... How colourful they are. Now, the 2nd on the left looks like a panda!

The pets can apparently turn hostile if you neglect them. It's so typical for these tamagochi-esque virtual pets to have mood swings. I still remember playing with my digimon device when i was young, and if u treat it badly it'll go PMS on you and mutate into some sucky digimon.

So not wanting my little pet to go upset, i bought a flowery red frisbee for it for MK$125 (i start with a default amount of $300 in my "bank".

What i didn't realize was that i, unfortunately enough, did not even have a pet yet! And, most frustratingly enough, i couldn't figure out how to get meself a pet. Still need a little practice, no? :D I could possibly use some of the iTalk card credit to get my pet a funky blue hat i saw whilst window (browser window, that is) shopping. It says that buying different types of accessories will make my pet happy.

So that wraps up my experience in using the iTalk Buddy. I still have to get used to the functions, but i believe i'll get used to it sooner or later.

For more info, and to download the iTalk Buddy, go to their website!


No comments:

Post a Comment