Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday

Wa-hoo! I'm now...

21!

and 4 days and 5 hours and 26 minutes old. Ha. ;)

i sorta had a...triple celebration.


My friends actually had something on for me on the 24th, but then i had an untimely case of food poisoning 3 days before and wasn't sufficiently recovered (plus, my appetite had shrunk so much that i became full after eating 2 50-cent-coin-sized clumps of rice) for a Korean BBQ Buffet session so we postponed and went for Japanese instead. Nothing safer than Japanese for the food-poisoned. Minimal oil. Not too much dairy.

So Korean and Japanese's two.

***
Third one happened today, as i free-rode on Shih Yen's (henceforth known as Butterfly Girl. Hates and is terrified by butterflies and moths) birthday lunch gathering with a few of my friends from high school.

As they didn't celebrate my birthday with me, they forced me to attend BG's lunch to have a belated-birthday surprise (ambush) for me. Gave me a shirt and a slice of cake with a candle on it! Cake!! T_T

Was touched. And i felt like the most obnoxious bastard on earth as i was reluctant and cross when they tried to force me to come. You see, all i always wish for during my birthday is just a simple birthday wish, that people actually remember. They did so much more than that. Most of which i have only met less than 10 times in 5 years.


***
I felt like i won some award or something. Never in my life have i had 3 birthday celebrations. Most of my birthdays were quiet affairs with close friends and family. Some were spent drowning in despair / misery / loneliness. But this year. Wow. ;)

Loads of people towards which i am sincerely grateful. Seandrew, Matt, Jon, JC, KM, Fish, Nico, YZ for showing up at the Korean buffet, and their share in the basketball they got me.

Esther, CB, Butterfly Girl, Jiarou, Ee Weyn, and Jeanne for the giving me an unexpected but completely divine surprise.

Cow, who took time to come out with me to Zanmai 1 day before flying off to Aus.

And, most of all, YZ. Who planned the Korean / Japanese food outings for me. Thanks. You're the best. :D

Now. My spoils.

1) Molten basketball. Though, i guess, it is actually group property now. Since everyone uses it when we play. At least, i got a share in it for my birthday. Ha!

2) Grey shirt. XL... Was horrified, afterwards when i greedily opened up the paper bag to see what they'd gotten me, when i saw that Jeanne and gang bought XL.

Extra Large? Not quite!! At least not for the shirt cuttings of Padini / Giordano / any sort of long and thin honkie brand that i hate and can never fit in. But thank goodness they got Renoma, which fits me perfectly. Surprise surprise!

3) Endearing card with a rodeo-ish lasso-ing bear on top, signed by CB, Ee Weyn, Esther etc.

4) Slice of Chocolate Indulgence? Didn't make any wish because i was happily being happy to even care to make a wish.

5) Nothing from my parents! Nothing from Sis yet. She flew off to fucking Bali on my birthday itself. But apparently she got me 2 shirts. So.

6) 2 shirts. 1 of which is purple. Hopefully, cut like Padini / Giordano / any sort of long and thin honkie brand that i hate and can never fit in.


***
I turned 21 with my friends, amidst food and laughter. My best birthday ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment