Thursday, August 5, 2010

Resolve

Whoo-hoo. It's 7.30am and i just got back from an invigorating jog around my neighbourhood. Ma 'hood? Hmm.. Damn that just doesn't sound right comin' frahm me.


Anyway. I've got this whole new resolve to go for morning walks / jogs, and am quite pleased with my progress thus far. Let's see. I started on Tuesday, took a slow walk on my usual jogging route, extended it by going uphill. Walked again on Wednesday.

And yesterday i managed to jog (surprisingly! as i have a knee injury wtf) for approx 3km. Not continuously though, as I walked a bit especially when going uphill, as i haven't the stamina to jog uphill. I'll die.

4 days in a row.

Why am i doing this? I guess it's a culmination of a lot of factors.

1) i want to become more fit as i'm always laden with injuries. On Sunday i had a back injury that was so painful and irritating that i had to clutch at stuff just to support myself to stand upright. Now that's scary.

2) i'm overweight, to the extent that my insurance-savings-plan had me sign some rubbish stuff as i'm prone to certain diseases...

3) i went to Singapore and all the people there were thin. thin. thin.

4) i looked hideous in all my pictures in Singapore.

5) i nearly died walking in Singapore. Why? Because i have small feet, but a large body.

Now given that Pressure = force per unit area (P = F/A), and my A (feet) is small and F (force) is large, i am exerting incredibly high pressure on my feet and joints. Hence the knee injury and propensity to sprain my ankles.

Mental note: if i ever do get thin, buy Esther some thank-you flowers for being brutally honest.

6) i saw my photos taken back in my CIMP days, and, sure my hair was streaked with VCD-seller blonde but i was THIN! relatively speaking la. At least at my optimum weight.

7) went shopping and i saw these bunch of incredibly awesome T-shirts (awesomest ever damn nice sort of awesome) and i ... could (!) fit into them but they just didn't look good.


So i took up Dad's challenge la. One of these days i'm gonna go back and buy them. I think soon. Just in case they take 'em off the shelves! Then i'm gonna hang them in my room as a constant reminder!

Usually i'll find some excuse to not do go jogging, but i was telling myself: if you can eat, you can walk it off. And so i did. Kinda worked.

Haiya. Eventually i'll eat after my exercise so it breaks even. But i do feel much better. Exercising in the morning. The air is crisp and cool and i feel rejuvenated. By morning i mean 6.30am. Not 9a.m. The weather gets unbearably hot after 8.30.

I know la. Being overweight isn't really a crime, but it is when it starts taking a toll on my health. So i'm taking charge of my life. Right now.

My goal is to keep this up for a week (starting with an achievable goal la, no point setting unattainable goals just to fail miserably, right?) and if i achieve my goal, i'll have a nice reward waiting for myself. :D

Let's hope it works out!

Scratch that. I'm sure it will all work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment