Friday, January 2, 2009

Tag

I should be doing some remarkably dry write-up for my company website, but i guess i can skive once in a while to complete a meme.

Meme. Apparently related to the word mimic. Wikipedia has a whole page about it, but i still have my eyebrows curiously raised. Anyhow, i received one from Rachel, my ex-colleague.

The rules:

Leave a comment, and I'll give you an alphabet (that is, if you want to do this :D). Write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned alphabet, and post it at your blog. When others comment on your list, assign them an alphabet and so on and so forth...

So i am assigned S.


Things I Love That Begin With S:

1) Slacking. Voila! Precisely what i am doing right now. Nothing pleases me more than slacking. Ask all of my colleagues. :D Why work so freakin' hard when i can listen to music, MSN indiscriminately, explore the vast vast vast Internet and lie around eating-


2) Sweets. I know it's bad. And it'll make me lose my feet and eyesight due to diabetes-related complications (*wince* translating health flyers does this to you. God! the grotesque pictures). But the office has a lovely jar of candy and i like. And it's my passive aggressive way of getting back at them for treating me like vermin. U torture me? I eat your candy!

Polar bear swimming :D
3) Swimming. I was born with an extra layer of natural float. Nyahaha. I like arriving at the pool freakishly early in the morning, and the surface is just still and clear like a mirror with no ripples at all. And then i jump. Also, you don't feel hot and sweaty in the water. V. good exercise.

4) Sour. I like sour stuff. Anything citrus like lemon, lime and so on (not too much a fan of grapefruit though). They have this refreshing quality, and they give that excellent tang to your beverage. I like being sour too, giving sour expressions and rolling dead fish eyes. Of course, i love sour grapes too, because you didn't eat it and I did!

Note*: i like 2) and 4), but i am not a fan of sweet and sour dishes, e.g. sweet & sour pork, sweet & sour chicken, sweet & sour fish etc. They're just not my cup of tea, or plate of food for that matter.

5) Sarcasm. Healthy dose of sarcasm a day keeps the spasms away. Especially useful if you want to shoot people of higher ranks but you can't go aggressively head on with them.

Shoot Shoot Shoot 'Em Up!
6) Shoot. I like to shoot people. Shoot, as in, you do something dumb, i sooooooooooot you gao gao.

Note*: i like 5) and 6), but sometimes i do it a tad too quickly without thinking, and end up offending people.

7) Starch. Sigh. I can't escape, really. Everywhere i turn, i see starch. Nasi lemak, roti canai, char kuay tiao, rice, pasta, sandwiches, starched shirts... I kinda miss Shakila's tapioca seri muka. Dammit. And Dave's Pasta. And Sea Park NLA. And Jasima's mee goreng mamak. And... argh!

Sigh. Tutti Fruitti Slurpee
8) Slurpee. Can actually be categorized under 2), but who cares? Slurpee rocks. As long as it is NOT TUTTI FRUITTI disguised as another flavour. Hmph! Anyway, now that have this super weird "sprinkle chocolate chips on your Slurpee". Weird, because chocolate doesn't compliment Slurpee very well as the latter is not milk based. And it is actually chocolate rice sprinkles, not chocolate chips. -_-"

Yvonne Woi's Russian Borscht, of which she is very proud
9) Soup. Umbrella term. I like all kinds of soup. Consomme, broth, bisque, chowder etc. Comfort food. Good for your soul, maybe? XD

10) Singing. Mostly when nobody's listening. Occasionally in karaoke boxes with the gang (so that i can 5 and 6 Fish). :D I sing like a nightingale! Nyahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment