Thursday, August 27, 2009

GPS

Uwargh!! I need a GPS, god damn it!

I got lost in KL yesterday and it was a major fiasco. I was supposed to be at Thean Hou temple, which is pretty near Mid Valley. Fastest way would have been to Sprint, then Kerichi my way over.

Unfortunately, i took the wrong turn, and ended up at... Jalan dunno-what. I can't remember the KL road names, but Jalan dunno-what is the one that i take if i wanna go to Bukit Bintang / PWTC. By the time i realized my mistake, i was already stuck in jam, jamming my way to KL! at 6pm no less.

Second fastest way, known to me of course, as i only know 2-3 roads in KL, would be to continue to Bkt Bintang anyway, then take the petaling jaya exit to Jln Syed Putra near Kuen Cheng Girl's School.

Unfortunately, after my way inch-by-inch for quite some time, i saw a sign pointing right to Old Klang Road / Syed Putra!! I immediately went right, but there were no subsequent road signs to guide me further. Fucking KL road signs!

I ended up driving all over. I swear at some point i was freaking out when i saw that i was driving to Seremban, and i quickly took the nearest road leading away from it. I called Nico who GoogleMapped me over the phone, but not too much help coz i didn't even know where i was to pinpoint my direction. Eventually i ended up at Jalan Tun Razak. "Oh Jln Tun Razak, that'll bring u to KLCC"...

Somehow i reached Bukit Bintang anyway, and it finally led me to Syed Putra and Thean Hou Temple, after more than an hour's driving.

Horrible.

***
Anyway. Thean Hou Temple.

My parents were representing one of the contributing restaurants for this Taiwanese Food Festival thingy held there in conjunction with Sin Chew's 80th anniversary.

I was supposed to be there to show some moral support, and to sample.. taiwanese food! :D

Thing was, i didn't really know that there was a dress code... And i was wearing some cargo shorts, and mud-sandy slippers... parking lot was muddy from the rain. After attracting some disapproving glances, i snuck into the kitchen instead -_-"

No comments:

Post a Comment