Monday, November 23, 2009

Phew

After i came home from ball i got a call from Justin whose tyre got punctured. I was taken aback coz i didn't know how to change a tyre. But given the crime rates of late, and, it was kinda late, i popped back to the court to kpc.

So yeah! I changed my first tyre. Well, a tyre, with my co-tyre-changers JC and Justin. The goddamned car jack was those manual non-hydraulic ones, which required lots of twisting and turning. But oh well, a good experience. ;) Next time you have flat tyre, you can call me!


I think the phrase 在家靠父母,出外靠朋友 (at home, you rely on your parents. outside, you rely on friends) is pretty true. While my parents are quiiiite dependable, they are overly judgemental and unnecessarily panicky.

Was wondering what would have happened if i had been the one who tayar-pancat. Would have called dad.

Outcome 1: "The number you called is not reachable."

Outcome 2: "What! Your tyre punctured? Where are you? Where is your car? I don't know where is that place! How is the car? Is the car fine? Where are you? Always ask you drive properly you don't listen la."

And this mindless barrage of questions can last for at least 5 minutes if i don't stop him. So usually i just shout real loud and he'll eventually focus on the problem itself. Last time I had car trouble it was raining and i was running out of phone credit, geez.

I mean if "where are you" was followed by "Ok i come help u change tyre", i would be really grateful, but that's wishful thinking.

Wouldn't it be easier to: "Just change the tyres, then drive home slowly. Tomorrow bring it to the mechanic." Simple. Helpful. Instead of all those fucking "Where are you" questions.

Next, if phone not reachable. I'll call mum instead. Mum is generally more supportive on the surface, checking whether i am ok or anything. Next thing you know, being a natural drama queen, she'll wake everyone up saying stuff like "your son is in trouble. your brother's been in an accident" as if i was halfway dead and stuff and freaking people out. Fucking dramatic ok. Beh tahan.

So, in cases like this, a friend's helping hand would be most welcome. Not that i have ever received a friend's helping hand before, sad to say. I drive alone most of the time so eventually i'll have to settle things myself. Have to rasuah the goddamned police. Have to pay the people whose cars i dented. Have to bring the car to the mechanics (minus the repair expenses, no money).

Which reminds me, dammit, need to fix the headlights. Need to fix the damn bonnet as well. And the suspension oh wtf... Time to get a new car?

I can say that i'm actually a spoiled whiny little girl. But am just gaining experience and learning so that, some day, when nobody's around to depend on, i can help myself. And that's the best sort of reliance there is, on oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment