Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fooood

Pasta
Was cooking pasta again, the other day, and ta-da! Here's my masterpiece.

Kinda sucked a lil' bit. Coz of the damn mushrooms, and the pasta sauce, but oh well.

My ingredients.
Now the culprit responsible for the suck-ness of my pasta is situated at the bottom left corner. Frickin' mushrooms. I was delighted to find them, looking all nice and sexily vacuum-packed in the freezer. What i didn't know was that these mushrooms had a strong bitter-ish mushroom taste that requires quite a bit of saute-ing to get rid of.

But instead, i gave them a perfunctory quick stir in the pan with the garlic and onions and that was it. And after that each bite of mushroom i took came with a squirt of grotesque bitter mushroom juice.

Also, the sauce. Fucking Prego. Dunno what's wrong with their sauces... Seriously. The taste is just horribly wrong, a tad too sweet. Like ketchup. Am never buying Prego ever again, sonnuvabitch.

 Cheese
Mum's friend gave us some cheese. The smoked cheddar was delicious, but, as it had a smoky charcoal aroma to it, i couldn't help but feel phobic. 

The last time i projectile-vomited my guts out, mum gave me some Korean charcoal tablets (before i puked i had some upset stomach and the charcoal was supposed to relieve the pain) with the exact same smoky charcoal taste. So eventually, when i did vomit, some of it came spurting out thru my nose and i had the heinous charcoal-smoky vomit smell in my nose for like hours. And the cheese smells the same... Oh... Urgh. But, uh.. still delicious.


This is some sorta.. Cashew confectionery i got from La Manila. Layers of nutty brittle things, and woah it turned me on~! Layered with cream frosting. Delicious but extremely cloying. Share this!

But La Manila is reputed to serve one of the best char kuay tiaos around, and i have to agree. It was excellent. AND! they allowed me to substitute prawns for fish cakes and shredded chicken because of my allergies.


My breakfast. Plums, apples, pears and a few slices of yellow capsicum.

Yogurt and some crumbled oatmeal hazelnut biscuits.
Pear slices!
Fascinating ain't it? Doesn't taste as good as apples though..

I made some tuna and onions the other day and i was furious because i'd run out of mayo.

But i managed to violently shake the remaining drips of honey mustard out of the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment