Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hmm

More pics of food. Visited Dave's with Iconico last Friday. Don't confuse Dave's with Dave's Deli. They're owned by the same person, but the difference is huge.

Dave's, situated opposite T.G.I.F. in 1-Utama. I love the ambience there. It's just so cool. So jazzy. And they play the oldie's jazzy version of Maroon5's This Love.

I see the writing on the wall!

Sometimes i just wish that my room is something like this. Damn. Sexy. There's just this dim, warm and homey feel to it.

Dave's has really good food, unfortunately at a high price. They have a variety of crispy pizzas, roasted pork ribs and so on. But i always come here for the pasta, and only for the carbonara. Y'see. The cream carbonara is one of the chef's specialties and so far the best i've tasted.

Fettucinne carbonara with bacon. Rich creamy sauce + aromatic smoked bacon + sprinkle of chilli flakes = spoonful of heaven. *sighs*

Dave's has this promotion going on. So hop on over. Pastas are 50% off on weekdays from 12-5p.m. and are served with complimentary glass of white wine (2 tablespoons of white wine more like). So hop on over.

Here it is! Complimentary "glass" of wine. Oh well am not complaining.

My failed attempt at imitating the faggoty snootiness of Anton Ego from Ratatouille.

"Surprise me."

***
While i was back in hometown i went to eat this divine divine beef kuay teow.

It is sold in this place called Parit Buntar, several kilometres away from my grandpa's house, and it is marvellous. It looks like any other beef kuay teow in the picture, but oh my god.


I've been eating this since i was a kid, and every time i eat i swear i can hear angels singing. I even forget to hate the coriander leaves sprinkled on top of my kuay teow. The secret of this fantastic dish is, i suppose, this:

Fried garlic in oil, minus the oil, plus soya sauce. Adds a freakin' karate kick to the kuay teow! Normally i order beef, as in the meat. They also have beef stomach (urgh), beef tendon and other grotesque parts.

***
Lastly.


My luminescent glass of iced water at Dave's, with an extra slice of lemon.





No comments:

Post a Comment