Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bah!

My computer is dying on me! Dammit. It hanged consecutively for 4 freakin times yesterday until my irritation developed into annoyance and into outrage. So after i switched it off i opened the casing to check if everything's alright (actually i had no clue how everything is supposed to look like: i dunno which is the motherboard etc).

I was told that graphic card burning out or excessive dust in the casing are some of the reasons why computers hang. And there was dust all right, but thankfully in moderate amounts. Amidst the clumps of disgusting black dust i found a transistor component thingy. At least i think it was, i kinda forgot about all those stuff back in Kemahiran Hidup. So anyway it was lying there, no longer soldered to wherever it was supposed to be. Like damn. I still remember my computer guy telling me that the soldering in my com was getting old and therefore loose. Luckily i didn't use a vaccuum cleaner to clean the inside, or else i would have sucked out a lot more than just dust.

No matter. Parents are back from Europe and Dad's bringing me to net a brand new desktop tomorrow. :D

***
And it seems that my parents had a good time in Europe. They took loads of pictures and videos. Mum told me this funny incident in Switzerland during which dad wanted to play with a swan (v. nice swan though, they took a picture, with a nice number 2 figure) in a lake but when it came closer he buggered off afraid that it might peck him. -_-" Then there was another time at those sparrow-feeding areas where people feed sparrows and he wanted the sparrows to flock to him but they didn't as he didn't have bird feed. Ah. My dad. Very childish sometimes. XD

All they brought back from their trip for me were: Belgian chocolates (oh baby), a Fossil watch (oh well...) and a cacated T-shirt saying "Switzerland" (oh sigh...). I mean, they went to Paris! But i suppose stuff would have cost a bomb. Sis asked them to check out some Tag Heuer watches for her but the ones they saw were like 1k+ euro, like wtf... So, no Tag for sis. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment