Wednesday, December 26, 2007

XD-mas

It's gonna be 2008 in 5 day's time! Another year has gone by, and another Christmas eve afternoon spent at Heko's Christmas Eve lunch. Most unfortunately, i didn't get a present except for this christmassy packet of marshmallows which was supposed to be presented to a little girl who went home too quickly that Heko didn't have time to give it to her. So... Yeah. Marshmallows. Yum.

No present disappointment aside, the lunch was pretty good. I stuffed myself with stuffing i dug out from the chicken. Yes chicken. I think she used to have turkey but somehow people started telling her that turkey is just grotesque, all hard and dry, so she made do with chicken. In addition to that i gobbled up eleven pieces of garlic bread (Mum was nearby surreptitiously counting the pieces, and she said "stop eating the garlic bread, d'you know u've eaten 11 pieces already?" and i was like wtf?), a huge hunk of grilled salmon and a clump of mango salsa.

The mango salsa was quite nice. A whirl of spicy, sweet and sour all subtly blended together. Heko was bitching about her friend Katherine who, apparently, has a really bad habit of spamming whatever food she likes without considering to leave any for the latecomers. And so, Katherine was eating the mango salsa non-stop, and Heko told her "can you stop eating the mango salsa?" LoL! Goodness... Must've been really hard to say that.

I was a latecomer, which was a relief really, as i could sit there eating (without considering to leave any for latecomers) like a glutton and not having to socialize with a bunch of bespectacled nerd-asses who overdoses on wine and calls you "young man". Speaking of wine, Heko bustled over and offered a glass of wiiiine. "You're old enough right?" to which i replied, "I don't like it enough". Then she gave me a Vodka orange a.k.a. screwdriver, which tasted fine except after i finished it i rushed off into the bathroom and alas! my face already had tinges of redness. V.v. bad visually, but v.v. good blood circulation. I guess. XD

***
Anyway. I love my new com. I still have a list of stuff to install, most importantly Microsoft Office (!), Nero, Photoshop and what not. I kinda wasted my money buying Neverwinter Nights 2. It's kinda disastrous, overly complicated.

Take the character creation for example, oh my god... There are like loads of races to choose from: elves, human, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half-elfs, half-orcs, and planetouched (humans with a little elemental powers).

So let's say u take elves, they branch out into: drow, sun elf, moon elf, wood elf and wild elf, each with different stat growth! And then there are the classes: fighter, monk, druid, barbarian, rogue, cleric, bard, ranger, paladin, sorceror, wizard, warlock... and 20 more wtf...

And if you choose a wizard, you still get to choose a specific branch of skills to learn: divination, enchantment, abjuration, conjuration, evocation, illusion, necromancy and what not.. Oh my god.

And you get to choose their behavioural allignment: Lawful Good, Neutral, Chaotic Evil etc etc... There are several classes that requires you to have a certain allignment. The paladin, for example, requires you to be lawfully good. And you have to be evil to be a rogue.

I know detail is good, but this.. Is just extreme, no?

There is also this little glitch thing in the game that prevents me from progressing. There's this ruin that i was to explore and retrieve this silver shard. And upon collecting the shard there was supposed to be an option "Let's Go" that teleports me away. But the option never appeared. So i walked all the way back, and the feller said "why have you come back empty handed?" even though i had the silver shard in my inventory. I restarted for many times and still the same thing. Arrrghh!!

Still... It looks amazing. Neverwinter Nights 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment