Monday, December 31, 2007

2008

Firstly, Happy New Year to my readers, who are scarce in number, but cares?

I spent my New Year's Eve playing basketball (yes pathetic, don't say it!) as the roads were freakin' congested like ants swarming a chocolate bar. When i was on my way back around 11 something traffic came to a standstill at the crossroads right outside 1 Utama. The traffic light was green but the cars weren't even moving. Everyone was rushing off to the Curve, and it was disastrous.

Anyway, i guess the "chic" place to go now has probably shifted to the shopping mall cluster at the Curve at which there are more bars and clubs to get pissed drunk. As always, 1 Utama sent some fireworks flying but they paled in comparison with a) the volley that came from the Curve, which paled in comparison with b) 1 U's 2005 fireworks mentioned here.

I don't know why but am kinda craving iced honey lemon. My new year's wish is to have an endless iced honey lemon fountain gushing in my room!

***
Sonnuvabitch. Resolutions. I checked back and discovered last year's (2007. although last year was practically... yesterday) resolutions, and here they are:


I will Not:

Consume more than 5000 calories a day (and that's a start). Well i didn't, at least for today. But i consumed like millions of calories during my Christmas bingeing.

Waste money on: difficult video games which will never come to complete; expensive yet awful food (e.g. La Gourmet House Folded Pizza); ugly haircuts; unclear pirated DVDs; etc.. Neverwinter Nights 2.. sighs.

Spend more than monthly allowance. :D

Study last minute for tests and quizzes but prepare 2 months earlier. Disaster.

Bitch about anyone behind their backs, but be positive about everyone. Let's see. Disaster.

Stay glued to the computer all day, but engage self in healthy character-building activities e.g. sports, art, religion. Basketball and gym, maybe? I did learn how to play basketball in 2007! And my baseline shots are getting better.

Be neurotic/ paranoid/ pessimistic/ cynical/ a dickhead etc.. Disaster.

Be rebellious. :D I did argue less with my parents, i think.


I Will:

Consume no more than 5000 calories a day. Look above.

Reduce weight by 10 kgs and build muscle to resemble rock golem or similar. Fucking disaster. Gained like 3 kgs after Christmas bingeing.

Purge room of all extraneous matter (including all SPM books). SPM books still here. They're at least stacked neatly on my bookshelf.

Donate all clothes which have not worn for two years or more to the needy. They're still here. At least folded neatly in my cupboard.

Spare a percentage of allowance to charity each month. Yes. This is great. I donated money to some handicapped children coz the idiot fund-collector (she came into Burger King, i'm not sure that's allowed man!) was relentless, ranting on and on about the poor kids and i was just such a kind hearted feller. Plus i donate to the real handicapped at the night markets.

Save up money in form of savings. Let's see... Disaster.

Be more confident/ assertive/ optimistic etc... Ditto.

Make better use of time. Time is money. I spend my time glued to the computer. Time well spent.

Be kinder and help others more. I donate money to the handicapped.

Cook more, in manner of Michelin Star cook/ cordon bleu or similar. Ah.. that.. I was getting round to it. At least sis cooked Christmas lunch with Thur and she said that it was nice but i never tasted any.

***
So there. I'm a irresolute fuckwit. And i didn't lose 10kgs.. Still i think 2007 was a wonderful year during which i have met many wonderful people, and enjoyed memorable experiences and have eaten a lot of food (regardless of calories). So, goodbye 2007 and bring on 2008. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment