Monday, March 24, 2008

Leak

Sonnuvabitch. I was snoozing just now and i heard this tremendous splashing sound outside my room. I sprang out and saw water cascading/spraying/splashing/pouring/gushing down in large streams and it didn't seem to be stopping.

So i stood there reeling for quite a moment and began yelling about the leak. Damn. What a freakin' mess. The water seeped into sis's room, my room, mum's room... practically everywhere. Took hours to clean up.

The water also splashed into the fax machine, dad's old computer, scanner and printer (which leaked black ink all over). It also soaked up the towel basket, mum's fliers/papers lying on the floor, sis's paintings under her bed, our carpet (which will be a freakin' pain in the ass to clean up, with all the black ink *update* carpet stinks now! has got this musty smell. does anyone know any carpet-cleaning services?).

Anyway i think all the electrical stuff mentioned above cannot be used anymore. Dad's computer is pretty much a piece of junk as it's Pentium 3, really laggy, and i've always wanted to find an excuse to get rid of it. The fax machine and printer, on the other hand, are really unfortunate. X( Thank goodness it didn't kena anything else, like my computer, or the modem. Or the bookshelves. That would be nightmarish.

While i was stoning there, i saw my maid Sun rushing outside holding a ladder and a few moments later the leak ceased. Apparently the rain drain (whatever u call them) on the roof had been clogged up by plastic bags, wtf. *to answer wing's question* Neighbour of mine was doing some construction work for his roof. Dad thinks it was some teh-o-ais-limau wrapper brought upstairs by the workers. Sounds somewhat accusatory and presumptuous, so i'm not really sure. Perhaps some empty rubbish bag got blown up there by the wind.

In any case, the fucking roof drainage system is very very poorly done. I have been bugging freakin' dad to fix it for freakin' ages and he kept delaying. See what happens, la. Hmph. Y'see, my house used to have this unsheltered open space in the middle (what d'you call it? sky well or something? sky well is a direct translation from mandarin) where people grow plants. My parents thought it was a waste of space so they renovated and covered up the space. I think the idiot contractor didn't do a good job and now we're suffering.

The last time we had such a colossal flood was around... 10 years ago? Or more. I just knew i couldn't remember it coz i was too young. It was worse, according to sis. All of us went out and only Dad was home and he grabbed one of those sofa seats and fell asleep on the carpet. When he woke up the water had already flooded around him 0_0!!

***
I am really annoyed la. I think i have to take English lessons again coz my tenses are horrendous. I never liked grammar. I was trying to edit NSC's uni application self-praise essay the other day and suddenly i realized that all my tenses sounded terribly wrong. Damn. I should have paid more attention during high school instead of stocking up on all those rubbish flowery big words that are now useless.

So forgive me for rotten tenses, and correct me if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment