Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Resolution

Whee. So far, my new year's resolution is going rather well. I've been to the gym 2 times in 3 days and I actually worked out! I haven't spent much money = saving. I've been a wonderful son. I even cooked a wonderful pasta puttanesca. Only tiny teeny-weeny blip is the 5000 calories thing. Y'see. When I put 5000 calories, it was supposed to be a joke. Because one only needs 2000 to survive, or even less. But omg omg. I think I consumed like ten thousand calories' worth of food. Food I devoured today:

Assortment of fried wantans, prawn balls, fish balls, sotong (!) balls etc.

1 plate of salmon salad with smoked salmon and capsicum.

1 large bowl of fried rice + slice of cheese.

3 cubes of fried tempe bean thingy.

Approx. 1.5 litre of coconut water.

2 glasses of orange juice (made with orange and maple syrup. Mum made it. Has this awful bitter aftertaste of maple syrup).

2 cups of green tea jelly + aloe vera.

Some papaya.

A few grapes.

A piece of fish paste stuff within bitter gourd (a.k.a. yoong tat tau foo).

My god. So bloody much. @_@
Have got to cut down on food consumption or will end up having heart attack/ BMI of 43.6767689/ diabetes or similar.


Anyway when I went to Monash the other day with Danny, I sold 2 of my CIMP books. Hehe. I first went to Scavvy's IB (! God. He teaches IB. So v. wrong.) class. And his class is frickin cheapskate man. I offered the IB textbook for 50 bucks but they just stared at me like goldfishes. 0_0 like this. And finally one said 30 and so I buggered off. Scavvy told me my marketing speech just din't cut it and I had to work on it. Shudda said something like:

Hey everyone. I am here to sell my textbook for 50 bucks. I checked at the bookstore and the first-hand book price is 99.90! That’s a total rip-off! My book is 50% off! That’s a bargain. Imagine all the stuff u can buy with the 50 bucks saved eh? So invest in my book today! And you'll be helping the needy and god will bless u and u will go to heaven.

All confident and enthusiastic. Bet someone would've bought it. Anyway I sold it @ 40 in Yvonne Woi's class. I also sold my other World Issues (first hand) textbook to an Arabian girl in Scavvy's World Issues class. So I made 100 bucks for it. Ain't that awesome. Best part is that I get to keep the cash. Parents do not need to know about this, as well as the 500 bucks deposit that i will get in 3 weeks time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment