Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Broke

Being broke sucks big time. Was gonna go to the bank few streets away from my house to deposit my sunway cheque + withdraw money (deposit 500 > withdraw 100) few days ago. Arrived there at 9 to find it still closed. Found out that it opens at 9.30, so in order to kill half an hour's time, i went to a nearby mamak and ordered roti telur + toal.

And it was then i realized that i had only 1.20++ inside my wallet. !! Was so bloody embarrassing, not having enough to pay for some cheaplak south indian roti canai (+drink) i usually consider to be affordable by everyone. So i sat there, petrified, not knowing that to do. I darted my eyes around in panic and noticed that there were around 10 friendly indian waiters/chefs/roti-canai-tossers around, who would all turn hostile and would pummel me into a bloody heap of mincemeat should they find out that i couldn't pay for my food.

In the end, after much festering, i skilfully assumed this air of impatience, told a waiter to wrap up my food and said "nanti saya balik ambil". And i dashed into the car and, after throwing the coin compartment upside-down only to find a few measly coins, i drove all the way back home to get money and back to Jasima to collect my toal + roti telur.

After that horrifying ordeal that lasted more than 30 minutes, i rushed off to Public Bank in relief and withdrew some cash, swearing that i would always check my wallet b4 going into a restaurant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment