Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fury

I am furious.

Scenario. Last Friday, my boss (henceforth referred to as E) asked me to create a manual for the company software, those step-by-step guides with matching screen shots.

E read through my manual, sent to his boss to proof-read somemore. E's boss said to add in numbered headings / subheadings and that was it. So i add in numbered headings and submitted it.

Today. E told me that he'd had an oversight with some of the names in the software as his staff named them incorrectly. It was initially "Triple Screening EMA (Exponential Moving Average, you might remember this from Business Stats) Rule", but it was supposed to be just "Triple Screen Rule".

So fine, E said he would change the name in the software, but i needed to fix the manual. Need to edit all the screen shots (pretty simple. :D i used paint) to get rid of the fucking "ing".

Now. Unbeknownst to me, E had also removed the EMA from the software. Didn't tell me also. I retained the EMAs and sent the edited manual in.

Reply was, "got a lot of mistakes".

Damn mm song lor. I am well acquainted with "a lot of mistakes" due to Add Maths in high school, but back then i knew just how shitty my standard was, so i deserved it.

But what the helling fuck?

Part of it was my fault for not double checking the rule in XPertTrader. But hello. If your people had gotten the name right in the first place, i wouldn't have had to edit the damn thing twice. A lot of mistakes, my ass.

I wanted to reply with some scathingly sarcastic remarks but decided against it. I'll see what happens.

What i wrote in most of my application cover letters:
I wish to intern with your company to gain first hand experience of working life so as to prepare myself after graduation.
Yeah. First hand experience alright. Lesson of the day: learn how to suck it up. I must endure. 我忍!

No comments:

Post a Comment