Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rangers

I was quite a crazy fan of Power Rangers as a kid.

I had all of the Power Ranger figurines, their power belts that could expel corresponding dinosaur coins, Green Ranger's flute-dagger, and also one of the large turtle toys (apparently some other people are more crazy than I. they had the mechazard thingy, as well as each Power Ranger's weapons that could be combined togehter). I would play with all the figurines until their colours fade and their screws become loose, and i would pester adults around me to get me brand new ones. xD

Many who grew up in the 90s must have had an obsession with Power Rangers, even though they were clad in hideously garish tights and motorcycle helmets, and defeated enemies by doing cartwheels and aerobic backflips.

Apparently Power Rangers had like 15 seasons (wtf!), but i stopped after the second season as the emergence of Pokemon kept me busy (shifted my obsession to Pokemon... too much to elaborate here). :D

I was walking in 1 Utama the other day and i saw this Power Ranger poster that caught my eye.

My... How they have evolved! I mean just look at their equipment. They look like professional cleaners.

Step 1: Black ranger hammers large pieces of trash into smaller ones

Step 2: Blue ranger's weapon looks like those humongous electromagnets they use in scrapyards. Mm hmm. Blue will suck up all metal parts to recycle.

Step 3: Yellow ranger scoops up remainder of trash with that thingy she plucked off a loader tractor.

Walao WTF is that la... What happened to her double daggers? Can you imagine her "fighting the forces of evil" with... that thing people use to gorek earth??

Step 4: What's Pink ranger holding? Vacuum cleaner. Portable somemore. Can suck up all the dust and dirt. Bingo.

Only one with a decent weapon is red, and even so, it doesn't look very much remarkable.

Sigh. Maybe i have just outgrown them.

But wtf. The tractor scooper. Cannot tahan.

No comments:

Post a Comment