Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random #12

Alright, s'been long since I've posted any photos, coz, Blogger's new picture uploading system's a bitch from hell.

First up, Snowflakes! I am officially no longer a Snowflakes virgin. :D

My friends who frequent the USJ area have been countless times, but my classes used to end early and i fly home immediately. But! I found out from Esther that a new franchise popped up in Kota Damansara and how awesome can that be!? I don't have to traipse all the way to fucking USJ and its hideous traffic jams.

Anyway the one in the picture is the... uh... Taro Ball Series, which i hated. To know why u must understand 2 things.
A: I've always hated pearls. Y'know pearls in bubble tea, pearls? They're annoyingly chewy and starchy and they stick to your teeth. 
B: I've always been a fan of yam / taro. Yam in steamboat. Divine. Oh ni. Divine. And back in Form 1 there was this Beijing / Shanghai restaurant in 1 Utama with this awesome yam paste cheese rice with pork. Holy fuck it was... Divine!

So when i heard taro balls i was overjoyed and imagined taro with its soft, fluffy and crumbly texture but shaped in little balls. Awesome~~~! And soaked in sugary solution. Hell yeah! But then i was outraged to find out that the fucking taro balls had the texture of pearls! Even chewier than pearls. Geram.

Besides that, everything else was perfect. The Taro Ball series came with a variety of combinations ranging from green beans, peanuts, red beans, REAL taro pieces, barley and so on, but all with hateful pearls. But the shopkeeper allowed me swap the pearls for taro pieces so i sought solace in that!

Another to-go bowl that i bought in Pavillion after my Pepsi interview. No friggin taro balls. 4 pieces of yam. Fantastic! This is from their soya ice series. Not too bad, the shaved ice had a light fragrant aroma of soya. I polished this off while i was stuck in horrendous Bkt Bintang traffic jam.

Pretty sky when i woke up. Picture doesn't do it justice, obviously.

Water melon with canned longan. I wouldn't call it a perfect match, but it sure as hell was delicious.


Satay Kajang, from Restoran Malaysia, a Chinese operated restaurant in Kajang. Absolutely divine satay. Divine. My last visit was a year ago, but the quality remains excellent and uncompromised. Succulent, meaty and fresh. 

The beef satay was tantalizingly tender. Y'know some satay places serve these disgustingly chewy beef satay? U have to practically tear it off the stick, and chew for another 30-45 secs and after a few sticks you end up with a sore jaw. 

Chicken was perfect too, without pieces of chicken skin. I think chicken skin in satays are a taste that i have yet to acquire and i doubt i would ever want to acquire a liking for pieces of foreskin-like abominations in my food.

Bright chrysanthemums that caught my eye while i was strolling thru the pasar pagi. The lady had a myriad of colours available so i picked the more unusual ones. White one was a last minute addition as, according to the vendor, 4 sticks of flower wasn't all that prosperous. Superstitious-nya... So i added 1 more. Put them in a vase in my temple. There are usually 2 vases there filled with yellow white and purple chrysanthemums. 

Alright. Last one.

I think the more appropriate words would be "No Dog-walking"? 

"No Stray Dog" is just dumb and ineffective because

1) Dogs who are led in by owners aren't strays. 
2) Stray dogs won't understand the sign anyway, not in a million years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment