Friday, February 4, 2011

Chinese

Dong Dong Dong CHIANG!!!!!Dong Dong Dong CHIANG Dong CHIANG Dong Dong CHIANGGGG~ *thunderous and reverberating gong*

My, wasn't that festive? *Evades volleys of gunfire, handfuls of rotten vege etc*

Haha! Happy Chinese New Year everyone! And yes, we all hate dong-dong-chiang songs.
Now, here's a Chinese rabbit design i got off Google images. May the year of the rabbit bring you boundless joy, happiness and bless-showerings of health and wealth.

兔飞猛进!兔然发财!



Now, speaking of Chinese New Year. I'm a tad irritated by my lack of ang pows. :(

Back when i was a wee lil' lad, my adorable looks and my shyness would draw comments from various aunties. "Wooo!! your son ah? aiyoooo~ So shy ah?" And then ang pows get whipped out of purses and pressed right into my hands.

That, however, is no longer the case as i look a lot older than my age and a lot of aunties and uncles seem to think that i've already established a career for myself and no longer require any ang pow. PLUS relatives on Mum's side all divorced. Two paternal uncles have agreement not to give each others' children ang pow. So my wellspring of red-packeted income is drying up like the... like the... like the dry stuff!

Can't think of drought-striken places now la, rivers bursting banks and floods happening in Johor and Australia and wtf why can't my ang pow money flow in like the floods of Johor and Australia!? 



***
Anyway i've been guinea-pig-sitting for Brown Bear. He left his guinea pig, ZunZun, at my house while the family went back to their hometown.

ZunZun is adorable. He loves carrots. And whenever i poke a carrot through his cage, he would sink his teeth in it and snatch it out of my hands. 

But uh... Guinea pigs... Meh... 

They're too passive for my liking. I prefer pets that are more active, at the very least, in terms of affection. Dogs, they wag their tail at their owners. Cats purr and meow and rub themselves against you. Guinea pigs...? Well they stick their noses at you and take several sniffs... And then they continue eating eating eating.

So far, the only fun thing about ZunZun is that when i stick a finger in his face, he'll lick it. So... um... Some kind of affection? I hope? At least i think so? And i can wave a sprig of alfalfa hay in his face and he'll extend his neck as far as he could, without moving his legs, to chew at the hay. If i move it out of range, he'll simply lose interest and continue eating eating eating... Not fun!

I used to have a whale of a time tying up pieces of chicken with string and attaching it to my mum's cane and play cat-fishing. Man cats are fast.

I think i'm gonna go poke another carrot through his cage b4 i return him to YZ tonight. C'ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment