Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Surg

*Update: Wound doesn't hurt much anymore. I sat through my movie feeling fairly comfortable. And, the nurse gave me a square patch of water-proof sticker-gauze. So it doesn't look quite as comical as the X.

Wound still exuding pus, irritating betul!

My ass hurts. =(

I just got back from getting an enormous boil lanced. I would hardly call it surgery as it was simply too minor. Oh well, it was an incision after all. 

Thankfully the boil wasn't perched directly on my butt but slightly lower to the right near my thighs. Otherwise... *shudder* I would've had to either stand up all day, or lie prostrate.

The boil had swollen to the size of half my palm and was hurting like a bitch.

So i paid Ranjit a visit and he pricked me with a local anaesthetic, lanced the offending boil and drained it of pus. And there was a hell lot of pus. Urgh...

Boil Background Story:

The boil started out with a cyst directly on the same spot. There it was, a small little lump, on my leg for several months and appeared to be a benign one that wasn't stirring up any trouble so i thought i could just ignore it. Obviously i was wrong and it turned around and bit me in the ass. 

On the day back from Genting, i discovered that i had been bitten by something (goddamned filthy bug-infested hotel!) directly beneath the cyst. And it became infected and turned into a boil. Most boils have a sort of center / point where the pus gathers, ready to explode. Normally i pop them, slather on antiseptic cream and it heals in a matter of days. Most unfortunately however, the center was blocked by the cyst, and therefore the pus was trapped under my skin, paving the road for further infection and more furious swelling...


Now i'm on a course of antibiotics. And have a bloody wad of gauze X-ed onto my ass with micropore tape. The wound's been stinging like ants since the anaesthesia wore off. Sigh. Am now sitting down in an unorthodox position trying put as little weight as possible on my right butt cheeks. 

Will have to return for a daily dressing change for at least 4-5 days until the wound shows signs of healing.

Which is tedious as fucks as it's my birthday tomorrow and i'm going out for a movie. Can't enjoy a movie too well if you're sitting lopsided, can you? And on Friday i'll be off to Malacca for a day trip... Can't enjoy a trip too much if you're sitting lopsided, can you? FML!

I think the Gods in charge of trials and tribulations like to fling some trouble in my face right before my birthday to sort of toughen me up and help me grow into a matured, stronger person as i grow older. Like the food poisoning last year. Butt boil this year. Fantastic. But i do feel more matured. At least i know i can suck it up and feel some pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment