Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kind Soul

This post goes to Ms. Pearly Low. A complete stranger, who came to my rescue.

It all happened when sis asked me to fetch her to Bangsar. Her petrol meter's light was alight when i went in, so i asked her whether we needed to pump some petrol. It had been alight since i last used it. She told me it was her car, and that the meter is just cacat. When i asked her again, she said i was being paranoid.

The car went dry on the way home. After i passed by the toll near Eastin hotel, the car went all jerky and it did not pick up any speed however hard i jammed my foot on the accelerator. So i scooted to the side of the road and stopped there. Then i walked all the way to a Caltex quite some distance away, yelling at sis at the same time.

Dad didn't prove to me of much help as well. He kept asking fucked up idiotic questions like, "Where are you? Where's the car? I still don't get where are you. Why didn't you check the meter? How can you listen to ur sis like that? I always tell u to check the meter y u din listen?" So while i scolded him on the phone, this large lady around her mid-late twenties came and asked me whether it was my car parked at the highway.

She helped me get a container of petrol and half a mineral water bottle (acting as a funnel). Then she drove me back to my car. When we reached there, the LDP tow-car services had already arrived, wanting to tow my car. X( So this lady, who introduced herself as Pearly, rasuahed the guy for me. LOL! Unbelievable.

This goes to show that there are still kind people out there in the world, never hesitating to lend a helping hand to the needy. I am lucky to meet one of them today. My sincerest gratitude to Ms Pearly Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment