Sunday, June 17, 2007

Argh

There's something wrong with the seats in the MPH. They're just some innocent-looking grey plastic chairs and desks. But..man, i tell you. They're like some silent killers. The chairs are a little bit taller than you would want them to be, and the desks just a tad lower. When i first sat down i felt fairly comfortable. But... After 1 hour, i could feel my neck and back aching. Urgh.



Anyway, halfway through stats, my mind kinda went blank. I completely forgot how to do estimation. I panicked a bit and started cursing (mentally, of course) and fidgetting in my chair. I skipped estimation to do the rest, coming back and recalling how to do it with half an hour's time left. =)

Management last week was much better. I knew more or less how to write the essays. Time limit was horrible as usual, and i screwed up my long essay with a wrong theory. Sighs.

The invigilators in Monash are really fun to listen to. They all have this monotonous voice when they read out the instructions.

"All items on your desk, under your chair or within your clothing are deemed to be in your possession."

"If you wish to leave the hall before the exam is scheduled conclusion, please raise your hand and inform the invigilator your intention to do so."

Ridiculous instructions i must say. Overly formal. And the monotony!! So cute. They obviously wanna appear all serious and intimidating, but i find them amusing.

So anyway. 3 Down. 1 to Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment