Monday, June 4, 2007

Suay

I found a ridiculous but hilarious Singlish dictionary website. Check this out.

SI BEH
(see bay)
Hokkien term meaning "very" or "extremely".

and...

SUAY
(sway)
Hokkien adjective meaning "calamity" or "catastrophe".

So combining SI BEH and SUAY = SI BEH SUAY, and that's probably what am feeling now.

Unlucky unlucky unlucky. Went for Dominos take out two days ago. And i didn't notice a small patch of water beside their leaking Coke cooler. And so... I slipped. Whooosh!

Newton's Second Law states that f=ma (force = mass * acceleration). Due to my tremendous mass, the force of my knee onto the floor when i sprawled over is SI BEH power.

Then of course, Newton's Third Law says that all forces occur in pairs, equal in magnitude but opposite in direction. So the floor exerts the same force onto my knee... And that is why.. I have a swollen bruise on my knee now. Sighs.

Worst thing is that the floor doesn't feel the pain. Dammit. It should've at least cracked or something, y'know, to make me feel better. Like "i knee the floor and the tile crack man. SI BEH pro".

But it didn't. Sighs. So i am now left with a throbbing knee.

And of course the SUAY-ness didn't end just there.

Went playing basketball earlier today. And i was bending down to take a futile swipe at Teckies' ball when we collided into each other. Head-to-head collision. Bang! Was kinda scared that his head might split open like a watermelon, him being all thin and skinny. I suppose i did more damage to him than he me. Anyway, i have yet another swell at the centre of my forehead. LoL.

Potential Newton's Laws analysis here but fuck it. Am a business student. Have forsaken physics.

On a whole a different note, i am thrilled to find this definition:

SOTONG
Malay for “squid”. Used to describe someone as rather inept or in a world of his own. Presumably, it comes from the squid’s emission of a cloud of ink, hence the popular phrase, “blur like sotong (!).” May be used as both noun and adjective.

Whee! That's me. In a world of my own. In a sotong blog of my own. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment