Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Petrol to cost RM2.70 from 5th June 2008



The new price for petrol is RM2.70 a litre with effective 5th June 2008 as announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi as part of the new fuel subsidy plan. The price goes up by 40% from the previous RM1.92 a litre.

There's nothing I can do about the price hike but I am confused with the behavior of Malaysians precisely for my case - Penangites.

I won't deny that a 40% increase is a lot of money but that amount of money can show us many ugly sides of Malaysians. I'm just very frustrated when almost all the roads are congested because of the few ringgits they wanna save. I dont get it... does that few ringgits worth all the troubles?

For that few ringgits, you got yourself in a very uptight situation - you raced through the traffic, waiting in line to get your tank filled up behind some 30 cars. That one hour wait uses up some litres of your petrol too, y'know?

For that few ringgits, you jammed up the streets of Penang and causing other road users petrol wastage.

For that few ringgits, you joined the madness of the crowd - cursing at one another like some uncivilized fucks.

For that few ringgits, you're late for dinner with family and friends. I am not surprise if you canceled your appointments too. Whatever happened to your manners?

For that few ringgits, you braced the rain and sacrificed your sleep at 12:30am queuing for that damn oil *sigh*

For that few ringgits, you make me cursed you.

Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment