Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shop

Oof! I haven't been blogging for a week now. Nothing much happened. Saw some movies. Played lots of basketball.

I did spend one whole day shopping (shop! shop! 血拼!) with Fish and Nico and i didn't know that aimless ambling around in a shopping mall can take up so much time! I finally acquired a pair of decent jeans (with no holes in them). The cutting is somewhat strange and baggy but am happy enough.

My fantastic white shirt (with bone/mother-of-pearl buttons) remains elusive. Bah! I poked my head into shops and boutiques, scanning around for some tell-tale sign of a fantastic white shirt but none caught my eye, so my search continues!

I did, however, purchase an orange-and-black pair of sports shorts to wear to play basketball but alas it turned out to be too tight for me. Damn. Should always always try them on. Thank god for the return policy. Returned and exchanged it for an orange-and-blue pair. Orange-and-blue was goddamn contrasting but though horrible, they were no match for the other two colours: brown (most unflattering brown colour, just imagine those buncho poster-colour brown) and orange, or sugarcane green and yellow. Nasty!

Also purchased were two pairs of socks, as mine were getting worn out and have lost their elasticity. And that was all i bought after a day's outing. Disastrous, really.

***
I watched two movies. Wanted and Get Smart.

Wanted is really cool if you enjoy super-stylish and nail-biting action scenes with inexplicably impossible stunts. The Angelina sports-car scene was just damn cool. However if you are, like me, skeptical and inquisitive, you will be wrinkling your brows throughout the movie, thinking thinking thinking with disbelief. I mean, how! and how! can a person snipe another in such a manner from such a distance, with the bullet zipping between train carriages and donut holes? It's like shooting someone in 1U from my house. And the curved shots. I believe it is physically impossible to curve a gunshot using just a normal pistol. Incredible. Anyhow, Wanted was definitely worth the movie experience.

Get Smart = hilarious. Anne Hathaway was a brilliant candidate for Agent 99 as she really has this look as if she has had some work done to her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment