Thursday, June 5, 2008

Smile

I am elated, darlings.

I owned media studies! Honestly i had never experienced such a fastanstic examination. It was like a smooth, broad road winding through a rustic, scenic mountainside. And i breezed through it.

MCQs were ridiculous, as expected. 8 exact repetitions of past year questions, with only two new questions. Essay questions were pretty much the same, too. News values, Truman Show and sports. I just wrote and wrote and I had never felt so good writing essays.

I thank god (yes, i did some last minute buddha leg-hugging. if you don't understand, enroll in mandarin class!) for showering me with blessings. Thanks to mum, too, for driving me all the way to Klang for my last minute buddha leg-hugging session in the first place.

And to the people who wished me luck. Expect a free drink from me if i score well: A high D (relatively high marks for a D grade), or HD perhaps. XD

***
In addition to my marvellous exam, Prita from Monash's Admin office gave me a call on Tuesday telling me that i had won some lucky draw.

Some of you might remember filling in this little blue form last sem while doing the MonQuest lecturer evaluation, and i think it was during marketing. I won the $20 gift card. LoL. Which is around 60 bucks here. A meagre amount compared to the grand prize of 3500 aussie dollars (or the iPod shuffles and wtf is an iPaq?), but hey am not complaining. =)

Was telling Prita that i never had much lucky-draw luck. But this! Proved me wrong.
The gift card was for Coles Myer, an Australian shop not available here. So instead of a $20 gift card, i got 58 bucks in cash. Not too shabby. I like. Mwahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment