Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bubble~~

Bubble tea!

DSC06995

Awesomest awesome bubble tea. Peppermint Oreo with Caramel Pudding from CZC.

CZC is like.. the promised land of bubble tea and since my first visit there, my bubble-tea world has been rocked so hard that it will never be the same again! Big thanks to Kei, who pointed me in the right direction at Sunway Mentari (horrendous location with eternal traffic jam outside its funnel-like entrances).

Now, CZC is a distributor, which is fantastic as it offers a simple no-frills beverage counter, with the rest of the outlet fully stacked with a dazzling array of bubble tea ingredients / products, warehouse-style without much interior jazzing-up. Prices are dirt cheap.

None of those commercialized crap like: Add RM0.50 for extra pearls. Or Add RM0.50 to switch to jellies. Nope. They are generous with pearls and jellies and are all interchangeable. 

With more than 70 flavours to choose from, and an assortment of tidbits like pearls, jellies, exploding yogurt balls, multi-flavoured puddings etc, CZC is a place for multi-lemmas. The sky's the limit when it comes to bubble tea combinations. U want ice-blended? U got it. But wait... what kind? Fruit-based, with jelly? Tea-based with pearls? Oreo ice-blended? With caramel pudding? Which one? Save me!

I get such a headache each time i pop over. 

Yam Oreo with Caramel Pudding & Peppermint Oreo with Caramel Pudding
The Oreo ice-blended tops my favourites list, especially the Peppermint Oreo. Oh my god it is divine. Mint, with crunchy bits of Oreo!! Pop in some silky caramel pudding and it's heaven in a sealed plastic cup. Yam is fragrant, but lacks the kick of peppermint.


This looks stunning, doesn't it? This is one of CZC's menu concoctions that i've taken a liking to. Coconut, vanilla and pineapple, which is essentially virgin pina colada... I told the lady to lay off the pearls, so instead she gave me a shower of colourful morsels including fruity-jellies, mango pudding and some sort of yogurt balls that pop in your mouth. Quite an explosion of flavours...

Note that none of my cups contain pearls. Because i simply detest them. Disgusting chewy things. Pah!


Some of my favourite flavours:

1) Artificial coconut flavour. I dunno about you but coconut is awesome. Baskin Robbin's coconut crunch? Awesome. Bounty? Awesome! But. Artificial only. Real coconut shreds sweetened with sugar, aka kuih-muih style are appetizing sometimes, but not my favourite.

2) Almond flavoured bubble tea. Now this is actually an acquired taste as some say it smells like cockroach pellets. The Indonesian girl who was taking beverage orders was taken aback when i asked for almond flavour. And she actually let me have a whiff of the noxious powder to deter me from ordering it. lol!

3) Peppermint. I mean, my friends say it tastes like toothpaste, but to heck with them. Mint and i go way back. =)



Anyway, now that CZC has appeared in my life, i find myself avoiding other small-fry bubble tea stalls as they simply can't compare, both in price and quality. Why settle for something mediocre when CZC sitting at the corner of Sunway Mentari? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment