Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Parking

Did i mention i got issued a parking ticket outside Ranjit's?

Ranjit's SS15 clinic is just... smack right in the middle of parking hell. Geez. I steer clear of SS15 whenever possible as the combined traffic of students' cars is enough to drive you insane.

Just look at the throng of people outside his clinic at 8 FRIGGIN AM! 

*Slams-head-on-steering-wheel*.

8 am... And the clinic opens at 8.30! Packed, all day long, even before opening hours. Amazing, isn't it? Dermatologists must be raking in the big bucks. Or, at least, this one is!

As my wound required only a simple dressing change, i didn't have to queue up and have moss grow on me while i waited. Fun! Upon arrival, I would waltz into the "surgery" room with a smug look on my face (and get wtf looks of outrage) and come out 5 - 10 mins later.

Now what was i doing there at 8am, then, if i didn't have to wait?

Coz i kena saman the day before! I reached at 10.30, and no parking spots in sight. So i thought, oh well a quick bandage change shouldn't take too long. I double parked, and when i came out 10 mins later, bam! Parking ticket. Underneath my wipers. -______-"

So i decided to go early to avoid any further misfortune.


My 2nd ever parking ticket in my 5 years of driving. You see. I'm practically a saint! That's what i told mum when she wanted to reprimand me. Some people collect parking tickets like stamps.

Wait till the city councils start linking their parking tickets / summons system to the road tax database and a lot of people are gonna get screwed so hard. The other day at the police station i saw this guy with at least 20 fines. He had wad upon wad of 50 bucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment