Friday, November 16, 2007

Pah!

Oooh! I just got back from Red Box @ The Curve. Went to karaoke since i am such a nightingale. Shim's disastrous national anthem singing not considered, of course, since i was freaking out! Hmph. I still have his annoying comment in my yearbook. "I like you, but not your singing voice." !!! Anyway. My throat is parched and all cottony. Not v. good.

The staff at Red Box are so freakin canto. They can jabber at super high speed in canto while i stare incredulously at them, jaws slightly dropped. I suck at canto. I just never got around to converse in cantonese with anyone i know. Each time i try to speak in canto, i will have to pause while i translate manually from mandarin. Bleargh. V. hard work you know..

Was supposed to catch Beowulf after my singing session but the only seats left were first and second rows from screen, which was quite a bummer. Will watch it on Fish (steamed)'s birthday the day after tomorrow. Hmm. Beowulf! Looks pretty fascinating, with all the marsh/drain coloured hues of mossy green and dirty brown. And the MILF-ish Grendel's Mother looks oddly similar to one of those Tomb Raider posters. I think they modeled her after Angelina Jolie's physique, which is pretty befitting since Jolie is voicing Grendel's mum anyway.

***
Pah! I sprained my ankle again. For the forth freakin time, god damn it. I just don't understand why! Perhaps my feet are too small to support my body (more logical to say that my body is too big for my feet to support, but it works both ways!).

Been to CIMP Bake Sale on Thursday. Yvonne Woi was there selling her confectioneries, among which were her allegedly rave-inducing chocolate fudge with walnuts and marshmallows. So the CIMPians, sporting red ribbons, were robbing the daylights out of ppl diligently collecting funds to aid in the glorious fight against a global pandemic. As i have such a warm and charitable nature *wink wink* i bought 2 of the fudges and 1 nutty raisiny rocky road (there was a name for it but i forgot / didn't remember).

So here it is! Yvonne Woi's marshmallow chocolate fudge with walnuts and, if my sense of smell is not mistaken, cinnamon. The white plate kinda sucks, too same a colour with the marshmallows. I tried to look for those funky ornamental ones that mum uses for her photo shoots but i couldn't locate any. At least i didn't dangle them in a plastic bag.

Sis said it tasted better than the one i made. T_T Such a traitorous sibling i have. Sighs. Truth hurts! I shall persevere and concoct the mostest most divine chocolate fudge!

Personally i didn't rave over the chocolate fudge. Not a fan of walnuts as they have this sorta rupturing quality to them, like, 1 bite and the walnut just ruptures. No crunch.. I prefer this crunchy slab of peanuts, chopped almond, corn flakes and cranberaisins (? craisins perhaps?) all stuck together by marshmallow! Was nutty. It gave me quite a kick in the nuts. I'm nuts over nuts. Nuts! Nuts nuts nuts!!

***
Random pic of the day.

My horse! Yes. I drew it myself (a long time ago) using charcoal and lots of 6B pencil. 6B pencil rocks. Actually the art teacher had a sorta plaque of a horse's head and neck. We, the students, were asked to sit around the plaque to sketch the horse. I sat on the right side so i drew the horse's right side. Drawing is fun! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment