Thursday, November 8, 2007

So

The trip back to hometown was pretty much uneventful except for the treacherous speed trap that dad and i fell into. LoL. Cost us 50 bucks instead of a summon of 300, thank god. Don't you just love the reduced price? Shows just how 'effective' our prime minister's anti bribery campaign is.

Dad laughed when he kena speed trap. I doubt he would laugh if Mum or Sis were driving and they were the ones who kena. He would be grumbling and nagging "Why the hell you drive so fast la, haaaaa, told u so many times dun drive so fast. Now kena already. Next time dun listen to me la. See what happens." Freakin hypocrite.

I attempted to snap a pic of the highway inside the car, and here's all i got. V. dark.

After i reached grandpa's house i discovered, to my extreme displeasure, that the "praying" i was to do amounted to pricking three joss sticks for grandpa. Since i am in quite a good mood, i will not bitch about my annoyance. Instead i'll blog about what i did at my hometown.

There's this shabby shack place just round the corner from grandpa's place that sells the mostest most freshest fresh seafood curry you can wish to taste. God. *sighs* In order to eat such curry, you will have to wake up/stay awake at 3 a.m. That's when they open. Normally the local fishermen will go there for their early meal before taking off to sea. Unfortunately for me, i arrived at 5.30. And they had only fish heads left. Bleargh. Still, was v. good fish head.

Fish! I know it looks kinda grotesque. I was halfway eating before i thought to take a picture.

I did also consume a huge bowl of bird's nest soup. Oooh lala. 100% bird nest. That's what my aunt said la, but i doubt it. But my uncle is in the bird's nest industry. Sorta. So i get to eat/drink bird's nest. I kept thinking that i was drinking the saliva of birds and it kinda grossed me out a little.

My eldest cousin was there, and he brought along his two children: my niece and nephew. Technically i'm not exactly their uncle, but who the hell cares? My niece is three, and nephew is, i think, a year old plus.

Now, prior to my latest visit, my niece was afraid of me. Sighs. Each time i called to her in my i'm-damn-fun-and-nice voice, she avoided me. And when she went to my sis when she used her i'm-damn-fun-and-nice voice, sis asked my niece why she avoids me, my niece said, "ๆˆ‘ๆ€•ไป–" which means "i'm scared of him (i.e. me)". Like Damn! How can anyone be afraid of me la! I am such a fun-and-nice person.

During my visit i was feeling tremendously bored with Dad's incessant Teochew chatter with my aunt/uncle. So when i saw a pile of these little multi-coloured squares that children play with, and i seized them and started to make little boxes. My niece just happened to pass by and she saw my masterpieces, was most delighted and came over. "Wooo," she said, and proceeded to snatch my boxes.

Nyahaha! My funky box. :D Best tool to woo children's affection. While i was taking the picture above with my handphone, my niece caught sight of my handphone camera. She loves cameras. I think she was born a natural camwhore. -_-" so she kept turning the camera to her face to camwhore. My god. I never knew camwhore-dom was possible at the age of 3.

She held on to my phone and ran around randomly snapping photos, with me following with bated breath in case she dropped it. Photos snapped by niece:

My second aunt (as in, married to second eldest uncle) + finger.

My second uncle. Head blocked by finger. V. blur. LoLx.

Me! With fingers. I think my niece does not realize that she has to keep her fingers away from the lens. Oh well. Being able to take pictures at the age of 3 is pretty good already! I dun think i even knew what a camera was when i was 3. Hmm.

So here's my niece. And now she likes me. Wahaha! Am such a pro. Like i said, how can anyone be afraid of me? I am such a fun-and-nice person.

And here's my nephew, lying on my cousin's legs. I managed to sneak a pic (peek) of him laughing and my cousin was very pleased. :D

***
Went to Zuup with Nico bin Autofelasio (don't ask) the other day. Zuup is this small little place at lower ground of old wing 1 utama that sells an array of very fascinating soup.

I ordered a New England seafood chowder.

Served with croutons and a sprig of parsley. Hate parsley! Ok now i have a lot to say about the seafood chowder. For its price, yes, it is quite worth the price, minus the small chopped up bits of carrots and potatoes. But! I have tasted much better seafood-based soups. With huge chunks of seafood inside. Plus, the chowder is creamy but does not have a strong enough taste. I kept sprinkling salt. And who the hell puts chopped carrots and potatoes in a seafood chowder??! -_-" I won't probably order this the next time i patronize.

Nico, on the other hand, ordered the tomato bisque. Its name is something fancy like tomato bisque with fusilli and whatnot-whatever. He chose a bread bowl, which comes with a nipple-like cover. Lolx.

***
Some random pics:

Lacoste's fancy fancy polo t-shirts! Freakin expensive. You have to pay so much extra to have that freakin alligator to appear on your shirt. Sighs. This is what brands do to us.

My beef maggi mee! Turned out slightly tasteless as i added a little bit too much water.

Very very divine Satay @ Penang Mari, TTDI. Fat, thick and meaty. Oh yeah! Give it to me. :D Served with onions, cucumber and divine peanut sauce. Heaven skewered on sticks. Oh baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment